Sunday 30 April 2017

Best movie from each year of my life tag!

So this is one movie for each year of my life that I absolutely love! I hope you like my choices! It was pretty tough.

1990: Ghost

This is one of my all time favourite chick flicks. Sam and his girlfriend Molly have just moved into a flat in New York when Sam is suddenly murdered, the suspect his best friend...this movie is so much more then that though, it's a beautiful love story, Patrick Swayze is wonderful as Sam and Whoopi Goldberg is absolutely hilarious as a psychic. Ultimate chick flick.

1991: The Addams Family

This was a tough choice for me! You all know how I feel about "The Addams Family" it's my all time favourite film. I must have seen it at least a hundred times, it's actually quite ridiculous. It's incredibly creative and imaginative, the characters are great, just like the ones from the original show, it's highly entertaining, a perfect family film.

1992: Forever Young

This year was really hard to choose! There are so many great films from this year! I had to go with "Forever Young" though it's an absolute favourite of mine. Mel Gibson plays a US Pilot who is chosen to take part in an experiment where he is frozen for a year, something goes wrong and he's frozen for almost 60 years, when he wakes up in 1992! It's absolutely fantastic, one of his best movies by far! Definitely check it out if you've never seen it! Starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Elijah Wood and Mel Gibson.

1993: Mrs Doubtfire

I love this movie! I really love it! Robin Williams is one of my favourite actors, he's absolutely hilarious in this. I could quote this movie all day! Easily my favourite comedy film! I was so sad to hear the passing of Robin Williams, he was a remarkable actor, his characterization in this is incredible, I've permitted myself not to watch it whilst under the influence of any food or drink because I'll probably end up wearing it.

1994: Richie Rich

Again a very tough year to choose a film. I had to go with this one. It's a firm favourite of mine. I must have seen it a hundred times as a child and love it even more as an adult. One of Macaulay Culkin's last films. Richie has his own Rollercoaster, a bubblegum machine, his own McDonalds, it's got just the right amount of drama, action and comedy, it's excellent!

1995: Pocahontas

Personally this is one of the most stunning films made by Disney! It's remarkably powerful, I cry every single time. It's very easy to forget that Mel Gibson was the voice of John Smith too, you get so wrapped up in the characters and the storyline. It's a shame he hasn't voice over work for anything else since really because he's very good at it! Perhaps after his directorial comeback with "Hacksaw Ridge" we might see more of him?

1996: Space Jam

Another movie I have seen a daft amount of times. I seriously love this film. I've seen this well over a hundred times, I'm not sure what it is that I love about it so much! It's highly entertaining, I love the soundtrack, the cross over of real life and animation is absolutely awesome. It's just great. It reminds me so much of my childhood and I always find myself singing along to Quad City DJ's song "Space Jam", it's fantastic!

1997: Air Force One

I first stumbled across this on Netflix, I'd wanted to see it for years and one night decided to give it a go. I was thoroughly impressed. It's action packed from start to finish, I love the climax, Gary Oldman is absolutely amazing, an incredible character actor. One of Harrison Ford's best films. It sounds cliched but its very entertaining! Highly recommend!

1998: A Bug's Life

Oh my gosh! I could ramble on about this movie for ages! My sister and myself owned this on video and I'm more then convinced it started jumping because we'd seen it that many times. Easily one of my favourite films from my childhood! The animation is gorgeous, the characters are really funny, the storyline is awesome, it's just fantastic! If you've never seen this movie I cannot highly recommend it enough. It's amazing! "Slim, Slim, Slim, where are you?"  "I'm the only stick with eyeballs"

1999: Passport to Paris

I mentioned this film in another post. When I was a kid I was a big fan of the Olsen twins. They're two of the richest woman in the world now, when I was a kid they were fashion icons and serious role models. They went through a phase of making movies, this was one of them, where they took a trip to Paris. Great chick flick!

2000: The Beach

I'm currently re-reading the novel, personally the book is just as good as the movie! I had a crush on Leonardo Dicaprio when I was a kid, yes I was into boys when I was ten! This movie never gets old, the more I watch it, the better it looks! I love it! I've seen it countless times. Danny Boyle is amazing! If anything it'll inspire you to go to Thailand.

2001: Harry Potter: The Philosophizer's Stone

Who doesn't love Harry Potter? Okay, so there are some people who aren't fans. This is my favourite. It's always been my favourite. It's really magical, I can't believe how young everyone looks. There's something very nostalgic about this film, there was so much buzz when it was released, Harry Potter was on everything and anything. Bertie Bott's every flavour beans, I'm convinced I eat one that tasted like grass once. Can you still get them?

2002: Scooby Doo: The Movie

There's probably a growing trend here, I love family films! This is a favourite of mine. Here's the strange thing I never really watched the original cartoon series. I wasn't really a fan of the second movie, but this I can watch over and over again, it never gets old. The characterization is amazing, they've nailed the characters.

2003: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

I can remember watching this in English at school, I thought it was amazing at the time. It's definitely my favourite in the franchise, although I am really looking forward to seeing the new one coming out very soon! Johnny Depp is absolutely fantastic as Jack Sparrow! He's an incredible character actor, one of his best films!

2004: The Polar Express

One of the most beautiful Christmas movies ever made! It touched my heart. The animation is gorgeous an the storyline is magical and heartwarming! Tom Hanks is amazing as the conductor! I watch it every Christmas. If you've never seen it, I cannot recommend it enough. Stunning! Your children will believe in Father Christmas forever after viewing. It's enchanting.

2005: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I love Tim Burton! He has such a unique approach to directing. We each have a different imagination, it's wonderful to see someone else's approach to a popular story. It's bright, it's eccentric, Johnny Depp is absolutely brilliant as Willy Wonka, it's dark, there's just the right amount of comedy, it's excellent and it looks absolutely gorgeous on Blu-Ray.

2006: Children of Men

A very powerful film! I only stumbled across this a couple of months ago and immediately fell in love with it. It's an incredibly unique story, Set in 2027, in a chaotic world where woman has become infertile. It's slightly unsettling. The acting is incredible though and the storyline is excellent! I'd highly recommend this movie.

2007: Surf's Up

Penguins who surf! I know right, how awesome? The storyline is absolutely fantastic, it's really funny and you'll find yourself falling in love with the characters. It's a little bit underrated personally, it's not a movie often shown on TV, but is easily one of the best animations of the past ten years. It's a wonderful family film!

2008: The Dark Knight

This was really tough, I had to choose between Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" and "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas", in all honesty though, I love a good "Batman" film, this is definitely my favourite. The late Heath Ledger was phenomenal as the Joker, his characterization was absolutely incredible, he's sinister and sick, his character is portrayed beautifully on screen. Firm favourite.

2009: Avatar

James Cameron's "Avatar" is one of the most stunning films I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. I respect some people have a hard time getting into this film, I can understand why, there is a lot going on all the time. If you can persevere with it though, I would highly recommend it! I'm really excited for the new couple of films coming out, hopefully not too long!

2010: Inception

Inception is incredible! A dream within a dream. I love everything about this movie, the soundtrack is thrilling, the dream sequences are absolutely phenomenal, Leonardo Dicaprio is amazing, an incredibly unique approach how we dream. It'll definitely have you thinking. The climax is fantastic too! Not one to be missed!

2011: We Bought a Zoo

Where do I start? I'm going to be honest here, this makes me cry. It's incredibly touching, it really will touch your heart! The animals are gorgeous, the storyline is realistic and genuine. Based on a true story, but set in America instead of the UK. If you've never seen it, I cannot highly recommend it enough, it's absolutely gorgeous! Starring Matt Damon!

2012: Argo

This was a tough choice! I had to go with Ben Affleck's "Argo", upon first viewing, I honestly didn't think it was going to be something I'd enjoy watching, I was on the edge of my seat! It completely took me by surprise. The storyline really had me gripped! Beautifully shot, I was thoroughly impressed!

2013: Insidious: Chapter 2

I am a huge fan of James Wan! This is my one of my favourites. It's absolutely terrifying! If your into horror movies this will be right up your street! Genuinely very scary! I love the concept of the storyline too. Unique and imaginative!

2014: Into the Woods

A musical fairytale! What more could you want? Very imaginative and fun. Another film I wasn't too sure if I would enjoy but was pleasantly surprised after viewing. Fantastic film!

2015: The Revenant!

You know you always get that one movie that has you hanging on the edge of your seat? This was it for me, wow! Leonardo Dipcario's performance is absolutely phenomenal, he completely and one hundred percent deserved that oscar. I'm looking forward to reading the novel, the film was truly incredible! An absolute must watch!

2016: La La Land

I love my musicals! La La Land reminded me of "Singing in the Rain" it has a wonderful feel it to it, it's entertaining, I like that it takes a few twists and turns, it's not too simple. Ryan Gosling's performance is fantastic and Emma Stone does a great job. Had me tapping my foot through out the whole film. If your a fan of musicals, you'll love this!


































No comments:

Annabelle: Creation

Cast: Anthony Lapaglia, Samara Lee, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson, Talitha Eleana Bateman and Stephanie Sigman. Director: David F. Sandberg ...