Thursday 4 May 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Cast: Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautisa, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Slyvestor Stallone and Kurt Russell.

Director: James Gunn

Release Date: 2017

Running Time: 2hrs 16 minutes

Genre: Action/Fantasy

Rating: PG-13

Format: Theatrical Cinema Release

Synopsis:

Volume Two continues the team's adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage.

I am Groot. I am Groot. I am Groot. Volume two takes off beautifully from the first movie. Peter, Rocket, Groot, Drax and Gamora are back once again on an action packed adventure. Peter must find who his true father is and where his roots truly lie. I can be extremely hit and miss when it comes to Marvel movies, I was however extremely impressed with this one. Chris Pratt is absolutely fantastic as Peter Quill, his witty one liners are excellent there are some truly hilarious scenes with himself and the other characters that will sure to have you laughing! I really like that we were shown a bit more of an in-depth look in to his character too and explained what really happened the day he was taken from Earth.

Bradley Cooper is fantastic as Rocket, he really steals the show in this film, his characterization and his humour is absolutely spot on and works beautifully with the other actors, there's a great scene with himself, Groot and Yondu. Vin Diesel doesn't have to speak much but that doesn't meant to say he did a poor job, baby Groot is easily one of the most lovable characters in this movie, if not Marvel history. Trust me when I tell you, you will find yourself having a soft spot for him. Although volume one is very funny, volume two is far more funny, there are some truly great scenes, the balance of action and humour was perfect! There were a few moments where in all honesty I wasn't too sure what to make of Kurt Russell's character, he's a fantastic actor, however there were moments that I think he could have performed better.

The storyline is excellent and easy to understand there are however a few twists and turns in this one, certainly some characters you might not expect to see. We were very nicely introduced to a few new ones too, however I'm not sure James Gunn explained them thoroughly in this movie, perhaps they will be explained a bit more in volume three?  Visually the film looks absolutely incredible, director of photography Henry Braham has truly created a masterpiece, the cinematography is stunning! There isn't a single scene that looks out of place, the CGI is incredible, definitely one of the best looking Marvel films out there. I'm convinced everytime a new one is released they look better and better! Sequels don't always work, this one did!!!

If you love action movies, you're not going to be dissapointed by this, action packed from start to finish, you certainly aren't going to be left bored, it is however in my humble opinion a little bit too long at 2hrs and 16 minutes, it works well, volume two doesn't drag, but I do think the storyline was spread out much further then needed. Don't get me wrong though, it's incredibly entertaining, they made up for it with action packed scenes. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the soundtrack, it does however work really well with the storyline. It's nice to hear some new songs that weren't used in volume one.

Incredibly entertaining an absolute must for any Marvel fan! I am Groot. I am Groot. I am Groot.

5/5 stars



No comments:

Annabelle: Creation

Cast: Anthony Lapaglia, Samara Lee, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson, Talitha Eleana Bateman and Stephanie Sigman. Director: David F. Sandberg ...