Wednesday 26 April 2017

Confessions of a film lover tag!

1. "Yeah well that's just like your opinion man" - The Big Lebowski.

Your most unpopular film opinion?

Okay here we go! Please don't hate me for this. I'm not the biggest "X-Men" fan, it's not the characters, it's not the way it's shot, it's the storyline. For some reason, I wasn't a fan of "X-Men: Future Days of Past, it bored me so much. I felt like it was far too long. I couldn't get into it. I didn't feel like there was enough action. People however rate this movie as being one of the best in the franchise, which is absolutely fine. It just didn't do anything for me.

2. "The limit does not exist" - Mean Girls

A guilty pleasure film that you can watch over and over again?

Guilty pleasures. I have more then one. Two that spring to mind though are "Passport to Paris" which starred the Olsen twins. I have seen this movie so many times it's actually ridiculous. I haven't seen it in years, however it's definitely a favorite of mine. The second movie, is Disney's "George of the Jungle" which starred Brendan Fraser, it's highly entertaining, it's imaginative, it's creative, I just can't get enough of it.

3. "Are you not entertained?" - Gladiator

A movie that is universally loved that you found boring?

This is a strange one for me. You may be surprised by my choice. I was a massive fan of the original movie, but the remake just didn't quite do it for me. Disney's live action remake of "The Jungle Book", visually it's absolutely stunning, but the performances just weren't there, I felt like some of the original songs were ruined, actors were cast wrongly in their roles. It's not an awful movie, but I think everyone else enjoyed it a lot more then I did.

4. "Sorry my Prada's at the cleaners! Along with my hoodie and my "fuck you" flip flops you pretentious douchebag - The Social Network.

The most pretentious film you've ever seen?

There are a few, but one that springs to mind is "Divergent", my goodness there was so much hype when this movie came out. People went crazy for it, here's the thing, it really wasn't up to the standards that everyone said it was. I don't particularly like the way it's shot. I don't like the actors and I don't think the soundtrack works with the storyline or the shots. I can't stand this movie or the rest of the series.

5. "That's bingo"  - Inglorious bastards

A director who has never let you down?

One director? Oh that's a tough one. I'm going to have to go with James Cameron, he's an incredible director. I love the effort that he goes to, to make his movies truly amazing. I cannot even tell you how excited I am for "Avatar 2", hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer. Terminator is an absolute firm favorite of mine along with Avatar, Aliens and Titanic. I'm yet to find a movie of his that I don't like.

6. "Don't believe his lies" - Memento

A film you were told that was bad but you loved?

Trainspotting. I wouldn't necessarily say people didn't like it, but a lot of people that I spoke to, weren't a huge fan of this movie. It's about drugs. I'm extremely anti drug. There is however something very special about this movie. The cinematography is fantastic, the acting is truly fantastic, and the soundtrack is amazing and memorable. It's not just about drugs. It's a powerful movie.

7. "It's only forever, not long at all" - Labyrinth

If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life what would it be?

One movie? God that's tough. The Addams Family. I've seen that movie so many times it's actually ridiculous. Everytime it's on TV, I have it on Blu-Ray, it's amazing. I could easily watch this movie over and over for the rest of my life if I had to.

8. "Were you rushing or were you dragging?" - Whiplash

A long film you thought was perfectly paced?

The Revenant, an extremely powerful film, everything about this movie is amazing, the acting, the cinematography, the pace was just perfect, not for one minute are you left bored for a movie that is almost 3hrs long it's extremely impressive. I'd recommend it to everyone. If you haven't seen it, you need to.

9. "As you wish" - The Princess Bride

Your film dream team? (Director, Writer, Genre, Actors, Music)

Director James Wan, Writer Leigh Whannell, Thriller, Leonardo Dicaprio, Vera Farmiga and Keanu Reeves, Composer Hans Zimmer.

No comments:

Annabelle: Creation

Cast: Anthony Lapaglia, Samara Lee, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson, Talitha Eleana Bateman and Stephanie Sigman. Director: David F. Sandberg ...