Wednesday 20 September 2017

Horror Film Tag

Favourite Gore Film?

I'm not really one for gory horror movies, however if made very well, they can be extremely enjoyable. I recently stumbled across "The Green Inferno" about a bunch of teenagers that head for the Amazon rainforest in the hope to save it, however they soon find themselves in trouble, surrounded by an unknown tribe who have never seen another human. This film disturbed me on so many levels, but the thing that stood out the most was the gore, a movie about cannibals. Director Eli Roth did a magnificent job in really creating an atmosphere on such a low budget film.

Favourite horror theme? 

I love Supernatural horror films. I'm not entirely sure what makes them so fascinating, the unknown perhaps? I have however, found that they have to be made well, otherwise what you get is a very cheesy looking film about ghosts/demons/spirits, whatever you want to call them. Some of my favourites are The Conjuring, Insidious The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist.

Favourite psychological horror film?

Stephen King's "The Shining", if I'm honest, this was a film that I honestly didn't know whether I'd enjoy, but found to be absolutely amazing (the book is amazing too), it's very psychological, you have a hotel, a man and his family, in the middle of nowhere, snowed in, before long he begins to get cabin fever to the point he goes crazy. The story messes with your mind, is he imagining the ghosts in the hotel? Did he really hurt his son? It really makes you think.

Favourite film that scares you the most?

I wouldn't necessarily say that it's a favourite of mine, but it most certainly frightened me, to the point where I wouldn't watch it again the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" honestly terrified me. I'm pretty sure I watched after I'd turned eighteen, honestly one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen, however that is what makes it so wonderful, it's just a movie. Remarkable set design, make up and props are what make this film so real.

The last horror film you watched?

The Gallows. An awful horror film made in the style of POV. It's a shame because if been made like a normal movie, it could have had real potential.

All time favourite horror? 

I think I've probably mentioned it before "Insidious" is 110% my all time favourite horror movie. I was pleasantly surprised, I honestly thought it was going to be a really cheesy supernatural horror, what I found however was a very unique and creative horror movie. I've seen it so many times, the more I watch the more impressed I am. Jon Wan is definitely my favourite director in the horror genre.

Worst horror movie?

Chernobyl Diaries. I've come to the conclusion that POV films do not work. Despite the set design looking very convincing (seeing as no one can physically go to Chernobyl) the storyline takes far too long to get going and sadly when it does is just absolutely appalling. If your into POV films, it's worth a watch, otherwise it's the worst horror movie I've ever seen.




No comments:

Annabelle: Creation

Cast: Anthony Lapaglia, Samara Lee, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson, Talitha Eleana Bateman and Stephanie Sigman. Director: David F. Sandberg ...