Friday 28 October 2016

Why do you love movies so much?

So what is it about movies that I find so fascinating? In all honesty I'm not entirely sure. I guess I see them like works of art, at the end of the day, someone is trying to tell a story and hopes that people will love it as much as they do. I've been into movies for as long as I can remember. When I was little it was all about Disney, I must have seen "The Lion King" so many times, in fact we owned it on tape and we wore it out so we ended up buying it on DVD in the end. It's still to this day, one of my all time favourite Disney movies. My brother was always into movies and being that bit older then me, obviously watched more adult films then what I was probably allowed to watch. I can remember convincing my mum into letting me watch "The Beach" when I was 10-11 years old because I had a crush on Leonardo Dicaprio ( my mum kept watch whilst I was watching) but in reality I fell in love with the movie and was educated on drugs, well before my 15th birthday.

I wouldn't really say I have a favourite genre, over the years I've found myself appreciate horror films a lot more, I always say to someone if that film is made well, it should scare the living hell out of me, why? Because that should of been the directors intentions, to scare me, disturb me in some way, don't get me wrong some people are scared more easier then others, but for me personally a horror helps to chill me to my very bones for me to walk away and say that was amazing, I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks now. I love anything as long as it's well made and has a good story. As I mentioned before I am a huge Disney fan. I don't particularly like very violent movies "Reservoir Dogs" being one of them. I can appreciate the work and the acting that went into it though.

I am not a professional film critic, I did train to be an actor for three years though, I don't know what it was about it that I loved, telling a story maybe? I think I just enjoyed performing, after a while, I stopped enjoying it, I don't really miss it. My real passion is in movies. In terms of movies that I buy, they have to be films, that I would watch over and over again, otherwise I'd just walk away thinking it was good, but would never purchase it. Believe me there have been lots of movies like that.

My ratings:

1/5 - Awful/Hated it
2/5 - Didn't like
3/5 - Good/Liked it
4/5 - Really good
5/5 - Amazing, loved it


No comments:

Annabelle: Creation

Cast: Anthony Lapaglia, Samara Lee, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson, Talitha Eleana Bateman and Stephanie Sigman. Director: David F. Sandberg ...