Wednesday 17 January 2018

50 movie tag questions (2018)

So I thought I'd do a more up to date version of this, as my choice in films is always changing and naturally of course I am seeing lots of new films all the time too (I will get around to reviewing them at some point), thank you so much for continuing to read my blog, I am growing and learning as a film critic everyday and really understanding the importance of reading just as much as a I watch to help improve my writing skills. 

1. How often do you watch a movie? 

It honestly depends on how busy I am with work and my family. Lately it's been one a day, sometimes every other day. If I am watching a very complex film that I wish to review, I might watch it more then once to make sure I full understand the plot and the purpose of the film.

2. What movie genre are you particularly fond of? 

Recently I've really been going back to my childhood and watching simple family films (as you may have noticed by my two most recent reviews), I've always loved family films, films that were just meant for entertainment, nothing else.

3. What was the last film you watched and liked? 

My fiance and myself very recently went to see "The Greatest Showman" starring Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron. It's honestly one of the best musicals I've seen in a very long time. It was everything a musical should be and so much more. I cannot recommend it enough, especially if you enjoy musicals.

4. What was the last movie you watched and hated? 

Nikolaj Arcel's "The Dark Tower", I didn't find it particularly entertaining, it really lacked depth and storyline. I'm yet to see a Stephen King adaptation that is really fantastic.

5. What is your favourite movie of all time? 

I really love "Space Jam" it just brings back fantastic memories of my childhood. I've seen it hundreds upon hundreds of times.

6. Your most favourite guilty pleasure movie? 

To be honest if I really like something, I'm not ashamed of admitting it. I really love "George of the Jungle" starring Brendan Fraser. It was a film I always watched with my little sister when we were tiny. It's so tongue in cheek, but it's excellent.

7. What movie/movies have you seen millions of times? 

The Addams Family, Space Jam, Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, A Bug's Life and The Parent Trap, to name a few.

8. Are you the type of person to go and see a movie on it's first day of showing? 

Unfortunately where I live, we're actually the last to get a film on its initial release as it attends other cinema's first. I actually prefer a quieter cinema so I can concentrate on the film, there's nothing worse than going to a really busy showing and not being able to here the film because people are talking and being rude.

9. Do you use fandango or do you book your movie tickets? 

Depending on what we're seeing, my fiance and myself will normally book tickets in advance.

10. Cinema, Blu-Ray or download? 

I try and see what I can at the cinema, my fiance and myself are currently putting money towards a mortgage so naturally that must come first. I have NowTV, for those that don't live in the UK, Sky basically allow customers to view movies online, for a tiny price. Sky Cinema allows me to watch thousands of films, so lots to choose from.

11. How often do you go to the cinema to see a movie? 

Approximately twice a month, depending on if we can afford it and what's showing.

12. What are some movies that made you cry? 

We bought a Zoo, Goodbye Mr Tom and Titanic.

13. Do you watch foreign movies? 

I do indeed.

14. What is one of your favourite foreign films?

Downfall. A German movie with subtitles about Hitler's last few days, I'd highly recommend, it's deeply fascinating.

15. Who are some of your favourite directors? 

Gene Kelly, Steven Spielberg and James Cameron.

16. Are you particular with movie scores/soundtracks?

I really love movie scores they can tell so much about a story. Depending on the film it can really make or break a movie.

17. What movie score can be found on your Spotify playlist? 

The Greatest Showman score. I can't get it out of my head. It's excellent.

18. Have you ever watched a movie alone at a cinema? 

I haven't no.

19. What is the best chick flick film for you? 

One of my favourites is "The Princess Diaries" starring Anne Hathaway.

20. Is there a movie that changed your perspective on life? 

It depends to be honest, some are more thought-provoking them others. I found "Interstellar" very insightful.

21. Your favourite comic book movie? 

Spider-Man: Homecoming, it's one of my favourite Marvel films.

22. DC or Marvel Films? 

Marvel, although I've really enjoyed a couple of DC Films, I much prefer binging on Marvel films.

23. What are the movies in top 10 IMDB list that you have watched? 

The Dark Knight, Schindler's List, Pulp Fiction and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

24. Do you ever watch movie critic reviews online before watching or purchasing a film? 

If I know it isn't going to contain spoilers, absolutely. I'm curious to know what other people think, just like myself my reviews aren't there to tell you what to do, but they might help you decide.

25. What is the best movie adaptation of a book? 

All of the "Harry Potter" films.

26. What a movie before reading the book or visa versa? 

It depends to be honest. I've done both in the past. I'm currently reading the first Harry Potter book, I watched the movie first.

27. What is your most favourite comedy movie? 

The Nutty Professor starring Jerry Lewis.

28. Drama movie? 

Goodbye Christopher Robin, I learnt a lot about both of their lives from watching it.

29. Western movie? 

I need to actually see one first.

30. Romantic comedy? 

Breakfast at Tiffany's. I love Audrey Hepburn.

31. Horror film? 

Insidious. It's honestly one of the most well made horrors that I've seen in a very long time.

32. Sports movie? 

Rookie of the Year. I seem to have an obsession with family films at the moment.

33. Sci Fi film? 

Blade Runner. I'm still trying to make my mind up about Blade Runner 2049.

34. Action movies? 

James Cameron's "The Terminator" its one of my favourites and haunts me everytime I view it.

35. Who is your favourite movie couple? 

Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke (Not quite, but they're awesome)

36. Any movie character you can relate to? 

Pocahontas.

37. If you were only to watch five movies for the rest of your life what would they be? 

The Addams Family, A Bug's Life, Terminator, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Mary Poppins.

38. Favourite war movie? 

Dunkirk. It's outstanding.

39. Your least favourite movie of all time? 

Paranormal Activity. I'm sorry to say they really don't entertain me.

40. Have you ever watched a movie based on the lead actress or actor? 

No.

41. What movie did you expect to be good, but found it was awful?

Paranormal Activity. At the time of it's release people were telling me it was the scariest film they'd ever seen, they were having nightmares. I Was really disappointed.

42. Favourite movie character of all time? 

Mulan. She's just incredible. The story is incredibly inspiring and emotional too.

43. Favourite movie villain? 

Darth Vader.

44. Any movie sequel you are still waiting for? 

I'm very excited to see what James Cameron has in store for us with Avatar 2.

45. Ever made a movie review? 

Hmmm.......

46. Star Wars or Star Trek? 

Star Trek.

47. Right, think of any movie, what comes first? 

The Matrix. I am going to be reviewing it shortly.

48. Favourite movie lines? 

"Your gonna need a bigger boat" - Jaws

"Iceberg right ahead" -Titanic

"I am Groot..I am Groot" - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

49. TV series, Books, Movies, Computer games in order of interest? 

Movies, Books, TV Series and Computer Games.

50. Lastly if your life story was to be made into a movie, who would you like to portray you, who would be directing and what would be the title? 

Director James Cameron, hypothetically, Audrey Hepburn and the title would be The Secret life of me :)


No comments:

Annabelle: Creation

Cast: Anthony Lapaglia, Samara Lee, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson, Talitha Eleana Bateman and Stephanie Sigman. Director: David F. Sandberg ...