Monday 28 August 2017

Film Question Tag

1. Favourite film of all time? It's got to be The Addams Family, it's very nostalgic for me. I loved it as a child, I love it even more as an adult. I very recently saw it live on stage, it was absolutely incredible. I'd highly recommend watching it on Blu-Ray, it's stunning.

2. Favourite scene from this film? The Addams's are forced to leave their home, they end up in a motel. Thing comes to the rescue when he learns Fester is in danger. Thing of course can't speak, his only way of communicating? Through Morse code, with a spoon that was in Gomez's breakfast. It's absolutely hilarious watching Gomez trying to break the code down. One line in particular is marvellous, "Slow down, I hate it when you stutter", it's so fantastically funny.

3. Favourite action film? There are so many. Right now I am really loving Man of Steel. Beautifully shot with an incredible score.

4. Favourite thriller? Prisoners, starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal, honestly, the best thriller I have ever sat down and watched. You'll honestly be on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. Fabulous.

5. Favourite psychological film? I'm not entirely sure that it's a psychological film? The Silence of the Lambs, always gets me thinking, there is so much to Hannibal Lector and how he manages to get into people's minds.

6. Favourite Comedy film? Dumb and Dumber, Jim Carrey is amazing, I laugh my head off every single time.

7. Favourite scene from this film? There is a scene where Harry and Lloyd basically dare one another to eat hot chilli's, whilst they are at a diner, it goes terribly wrong, they both end up using everything on hand to extinguish the pain in their mouth including ketchup and mustard...

8. Favourite horror film? James Wan's Insidious, still to this day my favourite horror movie of all time, the only film to generally terrify me. I didn't watch it in the dark as I stumbled across it on Netflix one afternoon, trust me, even then It petrified me.

9. Favourite animated film? I am really loving Hotel Transylvania right now. I'm more into my Disney's movies if I am honest, but I was so impressed with this when I watched it for the first time that I immediately fell in love with, the second one is just as good. I'm even more excited to know that a third one is currently in production.

10. Favourite short film? Paperman by Disney, it's just beautiful. I actually watched it as part of a trailer for a film at a local cinema. It'll touch your heart, it's gorgeous.

11. Favourite romance film? Ghost. Although it's a thriller, it's beautifully romantic.

12. Favourite biographical film? Saving Mr Banks, it's fascinating. Not a biography as such, but a very interesting and true insight into P.L Travers who wrote Mary Poppins.

13. Favourite Drama film? Hacksaw Ridge. I was so blown away by this film. Mel Gibson has a comeback on the way as a director. I was on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. To think it was based on a true story is even more incredible.

14. Favourite music-themed film? Are we talking musicals? My Fair Lady. Audrey Hepburn is incredible. I'd been wanting to see this for so long, I bought it on Blu-Ray, honestly It was one of the best things I have ever invested in, not knowing what to expect.

15. Favourite Sci Fi Film? Interstellar. I watched it with a friend upon fist viewing, I honestly didn't know what to expect. I was blown away, the soundtrack is phenomenal, the cinematography is stunning. One of the best Sci Fi movies out there.

16. Favourite indie film? X & Y about an extremely clever autistic boy who has an eye for numbers.

17. Top 5 Directors? Christopher Nolan, James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, Mel Gibson and George Lucas.

18. Favourite book adaptions? The Hunger Games series, are fantastic. The Beach by Alex Garland was incredible too. The Shining, although the ending is different, is magnificent. To be honest, I have a lot of books to read that have been made into film adaptions.

19. Worst book adaptions? Enders Game, The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials and Twilight. The reason behind my dislike is due to the fact that the director left so much out that it may have well have been a completely different story. The Scorch Trials in particular was a real let down in storyline.

20. Favourite old film? Trouble in Store starring the late Norman Wisdom.

21. Favourite film score? At the moment it's Beauty and the Beast. I'm sorry, I can't get enough of it.

22. Favourite compilation soundtrack? The Beach, really nice mixture of songs on the soundtrack that work beautifully with the storyline.

23. Top Five Actors? Hugh Jackman, Jim Carrey, Keanu Reeves, Steve Martin and Harrison Ford.

24. Top Five Actresses? Audrey Hepburn, Sandra Bullock, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone.

25. Guilty pleasure film? Inspector Gadget. It's fun, it's lighthearted, why not?

26. Most hated film? Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

27. A film you refuse to see? A Clockwork Orange (There won't be a review I'm sorry, I have very strong personal reasons behind not watching or reviewing this film)

28. Films you can't wait to see? Ready player One, I cannot even tell you how excited I am for this. Blade Runner 2049 looks amazing, I am a huge Blade Runner fan. Insidious: Chapter 4, Hotel Transylvania 3, Cruel De Vil, I am extremely curious about.

29. Films you want to see but never got around to watching? Although I watched them a long time ago, I really need to sit down properly and watch Lord of the Rings, The Notebook, all of the X-Men movies.

30. Best tear jerker? Ghost. It makes me cry everytime. It certainly pulls on your heart strings.

31. Remake you wish had never been made? The new Jumanji movie coming out, just why? Why? I honestly don't see the point in remaking such an iconic film with such an iconic actor. There's no need at all.

32. Favourite movie location/setting? The Bahamas. It looks stunning and looks even better on film.

33. Favourite cinematographer? I have so many that I love. It honestly depends on the film and their budget and how far they can go.

34. Most beautiful film (in terms of cinematography)? Inception. Oh my goodness. Visually, what a spectacular film to look at.

35. Film that started your interest in film? I've been into movies for as long as I can remember, but Grease, stands out the most to me. All of the Disney films, A Bug's Life was a firm favourite as a child. I love it.

36. Actor crush? Ben Affleck.

37. Weird actor crush? Harrison Ford in his younger years.

38. Most annoying actor? Will Farrell. I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, it's simply how he comes across on screen. I'm sure he's a lovely gentlemen.

39. Most annoying actress? Eva Mendes.

40. Movies you love that everyone hates? I really enjoyed Batman vs Superman, there were a few things wrong, but for the most part it was very entertaining. I really enjoyed Trainspotting too, which also gets a lot of hate from people.

41. Movies you hate that everyone loves? Twilight, it's cheesy and the acting is very wooden. I'm not a big fan of Shrek 2, 3, 4, they most certainly aren't awful, but they were no where as near as entertaining as the first.

42. Movies that didn't meet your expectations? Enders Game, I was really looking forward to it, I was really let down, in terms of storyline. Again, the same with The Maze Runner series, terrible films that I honestly thought would be excellent. A lot of horror movies, Annabelle, I thought it was gonna be up there with The Conjuring, it was terrible, wasn't impressed.

43. Movies that exceeded your expectations? Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, I wasn't impressed with the film prior, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect with this one, however I was really impressed by it. I am now very excited for the next Star Wars movie and Han Solo, I believe which is also in the works right now?

44. Best cinema experience? I went to see a film called Dreamer starring Dakota Fanning, we all went as a family, my late father was really into horses and had been looking forward to seeing it for ages, it was one of the best experiences I've ever had in a cinema, we were really cheering on the horses come the end of the film, such a heartwarming and beautiful film.

45. Best film you've seen in 3D? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2. The first film I have been too in the cinema where the entire audience has applauded and most have appeared to have been crying.

46. Favourite movie character duo? Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber. They were so fantastically cast in that film.

47. Favourite dance sequence in a movie? The end to the incredible musical Grease. It's such a fun dance sequence.

48. Favourite decade for movies? 90's.

49. Remake you want to be made? They'd have to careful but Flight of the Navigator and Short Circuit. It'd have to be good.

50. Favourite screenplay? The screenplay for Mrs Doubtfire. The dialogue is incredible.

51. Most disturbing movie you have ever seen? Sinister and Sinister 2, never again.


No comments:

Annabelle: Creation

Cast: Anthony Lapaglia, Samara Lee, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson, Talitha Eleana Bateman and Stephanie Sigman. Director: David F. Sandberg ...