Saturday 24 June 2017

50 movie tag Questions

I hope you don't mind I thought you guys might want to know a little bit more about me and my love for movies!



1. How often do you watch a movie?

I'm very lucky that my day job starts very, very early in the morning, I finish around breakfast or lunchtime at the latest meaning I have almost all day to watch movies if I desire too. However depending on how busy I am with friends and family it can be anywhere between 1-2 films a day, however I may only review one a day.

2. What movie genre are you particularly fond of? 

It may come as a surprise to some people, but I absolutely love old black and white movies. Norman Wisdom and Jerry Lewis are two of my favourite actors. Norman Wisdom and Jerry Lewis were both known as fantastic comedians back in the early 1960's and 70's. Although Jerry Lewis's movies were in colour, nearly all of Norman Wisdom's films were in black and white. Their films are some of the best comedies you will ever come across especially if it's a genre you enjoy!

3. What was the last movie you watched and liked?

If were talking at the cinema as apposed to a film I have seen hundreds of times on Blu-Ray or DVD, I loved "Logan" starring Hugh Jackman. I'm not the biggest fan of the "X-Men" franchise, however I was thoroughly impressed with Logan!

4. What was the last movie you watched and hated?

There have been a few films recently that I didn't particularly like, but I didn't hate them. However I did review "The Nightmare on Elm Street" collection, I couldn't stand any of them apart from the first film. For the most part they are very boring and not entertaining at all, with terrible acting. I'd happily not watch them again.

5. What is your most favourite movie of all time?

There are so many movies! I'm going to go on the three that I have seen the most which are The Addams Family, Space Jam and Grease.

6. Your most favourite guilty pleasure movie? 

George of the Jungle, starring Brendan Fraser, it's absolutely ridiculous, but it's so much fun and brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. I have seen it countless times, it makes me laugh everytime.

7. What movie/movies have you seen millions of times?

Very similiar to question five, I have seen "The Addams Family" honestly over a hundred times. I even went to see the stage production two days ago. When I was training as an actor at College, I had seen "Grease" approximately 200 times. I quite often have "Signs" on repeat at home when cleaning or tidying as I know it so well. That's another firm favourite.

8. Are you the type of person to watch a movie on it's first day of showing? 

We only have a tiny cinema where I live, so often we don't even get films are on opening day, when we do, we tend to go a couple of days after opening night as it's so busy. I'm always curious to know what other people have to say too. I always go in with an open mind, but it's interesting to hear what people think too.

9. Do you use fandango or do you pre book your movie tickets?

My fiance and myself always tend to pre-book our tickets, so we are guaranteed a space, especially if the film is very popular.

10. Movie house/Blu-Ray or download?

I try and see as much as I can at the cinema, however sadly our cinema doesn't show everyone movie release, only really the most popular films. So I tend to buy a lot on Blu-Ray, purely because they look and sound incredible. We do however have an Amazon Prime account too, I try to watch what I can on there, especially if it is a recent release. I don't illegally download nope.

11. How often do you go to a movie house to watch a movie?

Twice a month if I can, I struggle to see a lot of late night showings as I am so early for work the next day.

12. What are some movies that made you cry?

The Theory of Everything, Toy Story 3, Father of the Bride 2 and The Parent Trap.

13. Do you watch foreign movies? 

I do indeed.

14. What is one of your favourite foreign movies?

Downfall, which is a German movie with subtitles all about Hitlers last days, it's fascinating, very enjoyable. I will try and do a review at some point!

15. Who are your favourite Directors?

James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, Jerry Lewis, Christopher Nolan and Mel Gibson.

16. Are you particular with movie score/soundtracks/music? 

I love movie scores, they can tell so much about a story, practically tell you the story from the soundtrack alone. A fantastic score can do so much for a movie.

17. What movie score can be found on your Ipod?

On my spotify, I have the "Mary Poppins" soundtrack on repeat most days and "Beauty and the Beast" two of my favourite soundtracks.

18. Have you ever watched a movie alone at a movie house?

No. I love company at the cinema.

19. What is the best chick flick film for you?

The Princess Diaries starring Anne Hathaway. Mean Girls is also a firm favourite.

20. Is there a movie that changed your perspective on life?

Interstellar. I believe there is so much out there that we aren't even aware of.

21. Your favourite comic book movie?

The Dark Knight. It's fantastic.

22. DC or Marvel Movies?

If I'm honest I prefer to watch Marvel films and own more Marvel movies however I do enjoy DC films too. I'd have to go with Marvel.

23. What are the movies in the Top 10 IMDB that you have watched?

The Dark Knight, Schindler's List, Pulp Fiction and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

24. Do you ever read movie critic reviews before watching a movie? 

Yes I do. I'm always interested to see what others think about movies. See what is the most popular, most loved by people.

25. What is the best movie adaption from a book?

The Beach and The Hunger Games being the most accurate personally. Sadly most of the time I enjoy the book more.

26. Watch the movie before reading the book or visa versa?

Depending on it's release. I have read a few before their release date and others afterwards. It varies really. I have a lot of books that have been adapted into films to catch up on.

27. What is your most favourite comedy movie? 

Trouble in Store, starring the late Norman Wisdom. I've never laughed so hard in my life. Ingenious.

28. Drama movie?

The Theory of Everything without a doubt.

29. Western Movie?

I need to watch a few more first, sadly the ones I have seen haven't been that good personally.

30. Romantic Comedy?

The Proposal starring Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock, both are excellent. Great film.

31. Horror Film?

Insidious, I have seen it so many times. the cinematography is incredible, one of the very few horror movies to actually scare me on first viewing.

32. Sports movies?

Does "Rookie of the Year" count? I love it.

33. Sci Fi?

Blade Runner. Alien and Interstellar.

34. Action Movies?

The Terminator, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Logan.

35. Who is your favourite movie couple?

Kate Winslet and Leonardo Dicaprio.

36. Any movie character you can relate to? 

Pocahontas. I've got you thinking now haven't I?

37. If you were to only watch five movies for the rest of your life, what would they be?

The Addams Family, Pocahontas, The Goonies, Space Jam and Blade Runner.

38. War Movies?

Hacksaw Ridge. One of the most impressive war movies I have ever seen to date.

39. Your least favourite movie of all time?

POV films like "Paranormal Activity" and "REC", not a fan.

40. Have you ever watched a movie based on the lead actress or actor only? 

Anything with Tom Hanks, I will always watch.

41. What movie you expected to be good and wanted to be good, but fooled you?

Judging by people's responses. Paranormal Activity.

42. Favorite movie character of all time? 

Fester Addams from "The Addams Family" to be honest I just love Christopher Lloyd, he's incredible.

43. Favorite movie villain?

Darth Vader.

44. Any movie sequel you are still waiting for? 

Avatar, I cannot wait to see what James Cameron delivers next.

45. Ever made a movie review? 

I'm not sure, what do you guys think?

46. Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Trek!

47. Right think of any movie, what comes first? 

Interstellar. I am currently in the middle of a review for it.

48. Favourite movie lines?

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you guys are gonna see some serious...shit" -  Back to the Future

"I am Groot"  - Guardians of the Galaxy

"Stop blowing holes in my ship" - Pirates of the Caribbean

49. TV series, Books, Movies, Computer Games in order of interest?

Movies. Books. TV shows. Computer Games.

50. Lastly if your life story was to be made into a movie, who would you like to portray you, who would be directing and what would be the title? 

Director Christopher Nolan, Actress Christina Ricci and the film would be tilted The Other Side,






















































































No comments:

Annabelle: Creation

Cast: Anthony Lapaglia, Samara Lee, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson, Talitha Eleana Bateman and Stephanie Sigman. Director: David F. Sandberg ...